Explore the selection of resources and supports available on the websiteRead More
Find out all you need to knowRead More
Supports - What supports do you get from your membership of the IGC
- Representation at National level with various bodies e.g. DES, NCCA, NQAI, IBEC, CAO, NCGE, NEPS, AHEAD, IUQG.etc
- The Institute promotes and supports the provision of Counselling Supervision for Guidance Counsellors
- An ACTIVE EXECUTIVE working on a range of issues which impact on our profession, e.g. code of ethics, policy, qualifications and membership, adult guidance, professional development, constitution etc.
- Professional In-service organised at both National and Branch level
- A professional Yearbook and Diary containing vast amounts of information relevant to your work
- Guideline”, published three times annually, containing information and articles to keep you up to date and enhance your role.
- A Directory of Minimum Subject Entry Requirements for admission to Higher and Further Education
- An online NATIONAL COURSE DATABASE- Qualifax, developed by the Institute, recently transferred to QQI, with ongoing Institute input.
- A website, www.igc.ie providing information on topics of interest to all involved and interested in Guidance with a reserved area for members.
- A Calendar of Career Events published annually to assist you with your planning
- Local and National Events supporting Guidance Counsellors in their work, e.g. National Helplines, Higher Options, National Conference, local Career events in branches around the country.
- Staff in IGC Head Office from 9.15am/4.45pm Mon/Friday that are available to assist you with your queries.
- The support and help of your fellow professionals in your work
Select a section to continue: